Friday, September 21, 2007

 

Fall...

I'm a spring kind of gal. I think living in Michigan for two and a half years did this to me. The seasons are so sharply contrasted in that region of the country. But now that we are back in the Motherland (kidding- sort of), I find that there is really no definitive spring here. It's cold and rainy one week, and the next week the temperature shoots up to 80 degrees- only to plunge back down to mid-50's the week after that.

So.

I have slowly begun to turn my affections toward a different season- fall. (Students of mine: did you remember we do not capitalize seasons? Except when they are used as titles...) After the severe drought we had/are having this year, I don't expect vivid colors. But that's okay, because it isn't necessarily the colors that I love about this time of year. I really enjoy the crisp coffee-on-the-front-porch mornings. And because I am such a foodie, I love that I can make soup and fresh bread during the week and not pass out from heat exhaustion. And if I can let you in on a little secret, I like that I can "fudge" on the kids' bedtime after the time change every once in a while. They are more likely to go to bed earlier during the fall and winter months, and that helps facilitate week night home dates!!

There is one danger for me during this time: I am tempted to "hibernate" spiritually. I can get so busy with the holiday, school, and family schedules that I neglect the better thing of seeking after the Lord. I don't want that to happen this year. I want to be purposeful to pursue sanctification. And when spring comes, by God's grace I will see the fruit of spiritual growth.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?