Friday, June 01, 2007

 

School's out for summer...


Yeah, baby!!! Last Friday was cause for much rejoicing in the Suburban household- and at our school. We teachers didn't have the heart to tell the students that we look forward to summer just as much as they do, if not MORE!!!

Then I had to put in three days of post-planning work in which I basically laid out my lesson plans for the whole year. Let me say that again, in case you didn't hear it the first time- FOR THE WHOLE YEAR. That's four classes at 36 weeks each (turning on my math brain) to equal 144 weeks of planning.

So here in Suburbia, we have many things on tap for the summer break, including, but not limited to a trip to Pigeon Forge and Dollywood with the family, and a week-long getaway to Palm Springs, CA for just Rob and me. Woohoo! His company has an annual corporate convention, and this year it is in Palm Springs. You can't imagine how excited I am about that! Although I don't think we will play much golf, the resort where we will stay is (surprise) a golf resort. I'll think of you all while I'm there, I promise!

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Palm Springs? Living the big life now that Rob's in the corporate world aren't ya? :-) Sounds like fun. Hope it's a good time of refreshing for y'all
 
Technically he's "regional"- not "corporate" :) Regional peeps get their trip (and spouse's) paid for. Fun!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?