Friday, May 18, 2007

 

Mother's Day...

Yes, I know. I'm several days late, but I'm slow like that. Mother's Day on the Suburban Housewife homestead was a good one- and busy. Around these parts we like to refer to it as "Mother's Day Weekend." This year we began with an overnighter at Grandma and Grandpa's house. On Saturday, my sister and I took my mom and Grandmother out for a "girl's day"- Sophia came too! We started with a pedicure and then went off in search of food. It was at the lunch table that I realized my throat was hurting badly, so we finished our day and returned to Grandma's house, where I promptly took two Extra Strength Tylenol and slept for two hours.

The ride back to Watkinsville found me feeling even worse, so Rob prescribed a rapid descent into bed for me. I worried about the next day, because I knew the children had been working on a surprise or two for me.

Come Sunday morning, Harrison came in with a cup of hot tea- English Breakfast with cream and sugar- my favorite! The other three soon followed with handmade cards, picutres, and gifts. The gifts included a beautiful necklace, some Dark Chocolate Altoids (who knew?), some Ritter dark chocolate, Choxie dark chocolate truffles (are you sensing a trend?), and four bottles of Starbucks Strawberry Creme. After many kisses and hugs, we got dressed for worship and headed to Panera Bread for our traditional Mother's Day pastry and coffee.

After a wonderful worship service, it was off to Nanna and Papa's house for the afternoon. Amid the grilled hamburgers, kid's table arrangements, admonishments to "sit down and eat", and backyard sprinklers, we actually had a relaxing time. There's just something about watching your children play with cousins that makes you feel old in a satisfied, "God is so good to us" kind of way.

I am so undeserving of the gifts that are my four children. God has been kind, merciful, and lavishly generous to me. My prayer is that I will be found a faithful steward of these precious gifts.

Labels:






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?